June 17, 2009

Strength Will Rise as I Wait Upon the Lord

It's interesting. I just got ready to write this Blog, so I got my iTunes started, turned on Seventh Day Slumber's Take Everything album and checked my mail and followed Blogs then I get ready for the big Blogwrite and right when I get to the clean slate,... BOOM on Comes Everlasting God:

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles


It is just amazing to me because I was just about to write in my Blog about my Waiting on the Lord. You see, I have been working on applying to a Masters Program through Western Oregon University in Masters of Science of Education: Information Technology and it has gone nowhere recently. I applied to find out that I had to take a test to get in because my Cumulative GPA was not high enough to get in on my own, so naturally I find out about the test, I take a few free practice items online and it seems easy for me so I schedule an appointment to take the test at UofO. The bummer part is that this test (the Miller Analogies Test, MAT) is only offered over in the valley so that means that I take a whole day to drive the 2 1/2 hours over there, take the one hour test, and then back home. The first time, I did not get a high enough score to get into the program, so this next time I buy a practice book with lots of tests in it and gives explainations about why the answers are chosen. I study this book, take many of the tests, and schedule my next test date. I go all the way over there AGAIN and take the test again, just to find out that I was one stinkin point off of the number I needed to get into the Ed Program. By this point my hopes had dwindled. I felt like this just was not going to work. I decided to wait on God and see what he had planned. I was not going to spend another $100 on a third time. I was just going to see what other options I had. I had felt that God was telling me that now was not the time. All the doors were shutting and so I just wanted to Wait on the Lord, Wait on the Lord, Wait on the Lord. So I did.
I did not pursue the Masters Program any more.
Then just a few days ago, I get an email from the Graduate Studies Admissions lady saying that my second test score was an improvement enough to get okayed to be in the program. So, as of a few days ago, I am admitted to Western Oregon University as a Graduate Student.

Isn't it amazing what God can do when we let him work? I always get amazed. I felt at one point as if I were trying to get into this program and God was not in it, (hence the reason I let it go) and then when I do that and give it up to God, HE is the one who works and tells me that NOW that I totally give it to HIM, that is when He lifts my Spirits and opens the right doors.

God is Good, All the Time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I love that song, it's always been encouraging. Man what a hard time I have waiting on the Lord most of the time but it's always totally worth the wait! Now your going to leave us!(sniff sniff)