July 3, 2009

Freedom, What a Priviledge


Freedom,... What a Privilege

I always think about Freedom around this time of year. It sure is amazing what our great country went through to get its independence from England. But, ya know, if you think about it, there are other countries that have had an even worse past in that sense. I am about to go to Latvia, and let me tell ya, there is some history behind Latvia and occupations in their country. We (the United States) gained our independence a long time ago, at a fairly young age, but Lativa, just recently (in perspective) gained their independence. Latvia Gained independence in August of 1991 when people have been around that area much earlier. Latvia has been occupied by Russia, Germany, and others, just thrown around from one country to another. So, when I think about my own freedom, I am so thankful that my country has not had such a rocky past.

No comments: