April 16, 2009

For I know the Plans I have for you Declares the Lord

So I am in the middle of some changes that most people know about. Originally, my timeline for change was going to start in June or July of this year, but things don't always go as planned and so my family will be moving away from First Baptist Church of Bend starting next Sunday. We have been a part of this church for more than three years and so it is hard not to have feelings for this church and the congregation, but I do know that it is all God's will and his plan for us to be moving on and that is why I am so okay with it all.
When I found out about the possibility of our moving on, a few months ago, I decided to check out some new churches but because I couldn't leave FBC on Sundays (due to all the involvement I was in) I decided to check out churches via Saturday Night services. I started with New Hope Church in Bend. I stopped looking when I saw New Hope. It is a great church and I felt at home there and that I did not need to look any further. That first night, they had a great sermon, the worship was awesome and uplifted to God, and they even asked for volunteers for helping out with their Middle School program. I love that because I would like to get involved as much as possible at my new church. Then a few weeks later, there was a pitch for asking for volunteers for the Video Production team at New Hope. I also wanted to be involved in that team as well.
Anyways, I have pretty much made up my mind that New Hope is the way to go when I move on, and that is happening soon. I am still planning on going to Latvia with FBC Bend in July, but other than that and the okay for occasionally teaching Middle School on Mondays at FBC, I will have no other contact with that.
Please pray for my father and mother and sister. Its been tough for dad and mom, but especially Kelli; She is really having a tough time with this change in her life.

As for me, I am so excited to start a new chapter of my Church life. It will be nice to get to know new people and have the opportunity to be in volunteering roles at this church. It will be nice not to be known as Tim, Pastor Mikes son, but just as Tim. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me in the future, not just in churches but also in every facet of my life, where I will be in a few years, who I will marry, What I will be doing this time next year- a full-time job, going back to school, or subbing still. There are many aspects of my life that are libel to change, and normally I don't like change or surprises (and still don't in some sense) but this time I'm okay with it and just want the patience to wait for His "plans to prosper me and give me a hope."

No comments: