April 21, 2009

So, it's official. I am off to Latvia on July 7th. First Baptist Church has had a relationship with a Latvia church for a while and are embarking on new extensions with Eagles Wings Camp.
I and 10 other people will be heading on our way to Latvia on July 7th and returning July 22nd.

The plane tickets were confirmed today. As of right now, I am doing alright with my fund raising. We are all asked to raise $1000. on our own, and then our group will be raising further funds together. Of the $1000 to raise, my family and friends have been very supportive and I have raised $850. I really appreciate the prayers and support from all of my supporters.

I am very excited to go from Redmond to Portland, then Portland to Frankfurt Germany, then Frankfurt to Riga Latvia.

We will have a great layover in Frankfurt Germany on our way back- a whole day to explore the city.

This is when the missions trip gets real for me. When we havent bought anything yet, there is still backout time and theoretical, but now, we are at the point of no return. We are on our way.
I thank the Lord that I am ready for this trip. It will be such a growing experience for me.

No comments: