June 12, 2010

What a Day!

What a day it's been! I have had quite a bit of car trouble today. I decided to head over to Silverton to watch a matinee movie for $4. Pretty good price, so I figured, it'd be fun to watch The Karate Kid.
I start making my way over to Silverton and right at a huge intersection, my car starts to stall out on me. I am freaking out because I am in the middle of this intersection and my car is not cooperating. I flip my hazards on quickly and try turning over the engine. it is not helping.

I keep working on it and after about a minute of turning over the car, it starts up again for me. I find the closest place to stop the car and turn it off. I try it again, and the car is working fine. It took a bit to start, but that is normal. I turn the car off and check the oil, put in a quart and check it. It seems to work fine. So, I keep making my way to Silverton. Once I make it all the way to Silverton, I come to a stop sign, and there it goes again. It cuts out and won't turn back over. I keep trying until it works again, I pull over again and decide since I am there, I will worry about it when I get out of the movie.

At this point, I am very frustrated with my 195,000 mile car. I try the car when I get out of the movie, and it turns over just fine. I leave it running and call dad (what I always do when I have a car problem) and he gives me some suggestions for the problem. I baby the car as I drive back home and I had no problems.

One thing that I thought was curious was that I had not used my Air Conditioning before today and the car stalled out just a few minutes after turning the AC on. THEN, I let the car run a while before turning on the AC again and it stalled again, with the AC on. On the way home, I did not use the AC in fear of a correlation.



On a happier note, I did have a good time with The Karate Kid. Jadon Smith did an awesome job, and of course so did Jackie Chan. I did not find that many similarities from the Original to the new version, but I think I liked that about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yuck, we had a car where the AC couldn't be used, it was a long hot summer! I've been wanting to see that movie, though will wait unitll it's out on video, I'm not sure I'll like it enough to spend 8 bucks!=)