August 15, 2011

Auntie Em, Auntie Em

Here it is already August 15th. We are already halfway through August and I have yet to post a blog entry during this month. I know you are all really anxiously waiting for the next story or opinion. Well, the wait is over.

What have I been doing in August? Not a whole heck of a lot. With my July being so busy, the first week was just recuperating from that, and then last week, pretty boring, I have to admit.

Today, I took a walk with the dog down in the Redmond Dry Canyon and of course had to stop at the Redmond Wieglund Dog Park so Pixar could get some energy out. It worked, as I write this posting he is laying sprawled out on the cool hardwood floor of my room. He looks very content.

After our walk this morning, it was 11:30 so I decided I would head off to one of my favorite Ma and Pop shop in Redmond- Auntie Em's. If you have not been to Auntie Em's, you are missing out TOTALLY! There is no comparison. The food is good, the price is amazing. What more could you ask for.

Auntie Em's is located in Downtown Redmond, on 6th street a little over a block way from Dairy Queen. At first entry of the Deli, you will notice that time has shifted back around 15-20 years earlier and been transported to the country. So much to say, the decor is outdated which in most cases would be a turnoff,  but it works for Auntie Em's. The stone wall with artwork of the country and fields is somewhat inviting.
When approaching the front counter, you will find three people, the two owners and an employee who has been there for just as long. They have sandwiches, soups and various other wonderful foods. Their soups are the best soups you could ever get. They always have three varieties of soups- two everyday menu soups and one rotational. The two soups that you will always find are Broccoli Cheese, and Chunky Vegetable. I am not a huge broccoli fan in general, but the way they make their Broccoli Cheese soup is AMAZING.  A cup of this soup comes with a bun, all for $3.  If you want to add another bun it is just $.50 extra and totally worth it. You will want an additional bun, they are just that good.
In fact, every time that I go to Auntie Em's I come home and have the urge to make my mother's recipe of Double Quick Dinner Rolls because they are very similar in taste.
They also have wonderful sandwiches. The bread is great with loads of meats and cheeses.

I highly recommend trying Auntie Em's. I even think it is worth the trip from the major metropolis of Bend to coming to lowly little Redmond, to try it out.

No comments: