March 24, 2010

Can it Be Mo's?

So who has gone to the Central Oregon Coast and felt they NEEDED to go to Mo's because it's an establishment. I have always felt that way. My family whenever at the Coast head to a Mo's and wait in line (because it is usually at the busy time that we are at the coast- Spring Break) and we get our Clam Chowder from Mo's. Sure, its good, and legend (wait for it) dairy, but here's the thing- Is it still the best clam chowder??
I am certain now that it is not. I remember a time when Mo's was very creamy chowder. Of course it has all fresh ingredients, and still tastes good, but there seems to be something missing. I have found that I enjoy the chowder at McGraths more than I do at Mo's.
What's more, we were in Lincoln City today for lunchtime and we had already been to Mo's last night for dinner, so for lunch we went to the McMenamins. Mom and I both had chowder there and THAT chowder was AMAZING! The thickness of the chowder was great, very creamy, and their ingredients were great. I could taste alot of spices. Mom said something very interesting- She said that it seems like Mo's is just going off of reputation now, and not so much off of the need to make a good product. (I'm Paraphrasing) Anyways, I would recommend trying out new Chowder places even if you still like Mo's. There's lots of good chowder places out there, and they don't have to be Mo's.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There are lots of places with way better chowder, including my house!=) It is just an experience thing, like going to Disney Land and not seeing Mickey Mouse! Besides it's cheaper then most other places isn't it?

Bekah said...

i wish i could try the mcmenamin's from how you describe it! First of all, I love mcmenamin's so you can never go wrong with them in my book :) Your mom does have a very interesting insight. I can even see how it could be applied to life & our Christian walk....mmmm, deep :)