October 22, 2011

Not a Fan

I was amazed yesterday as I was shopping. How could a store such as that charge those kinds of prices. Its ridiculous. How do they stay in business? I certainly got out of there without buying anything.
I am talking about the Cash Connection, a Pawn Shop based in Central Oregon. The company started in Bend and took over the Redmond Pawn as well. I was shopping in Redmond, at the former bowling alley, funny huh.
Occasionally, I like to go to the pawn shops to see what I can find. Often times, I get a dvd or two. This time, I was just browsing for something to do. I was appalled at the prices I saw for electronics and junk. I just recently bought a Portable Power Tool set brand new for $130. It came with four tools and two battery packs and a charger. I saw this SAME EXACT set they were trying to sell for $89. Now, if this was brand new at the Pawn with no marks ect, I would probably have been bummed I did not go there first, but this was in horrible condition. It looked like each piece was taken, dragged in the mud, used hard and put away wet, and drained of all use. There would be NO WAY I would get this set in that condition for that price. Maybe for $50 or less. Luckily, I have my set already.

That was the same with pretty much everything in the CC. You are not paying much less for a lot worse quality. Not a fan of the CC.

No comments: