April 5, 2010

Vacuums SUCK

So, I decided after a million years, I needed to do some vacuuming in my room. I was all alone at home so I would not bother anyone. I set out in search of a vacuum. I looked all throughout the house and could only find a vacuum in the Garage. Not a good sign. If you have a vacuum, you do not store it in the garage unless you think it is broken right? Well, anyways, I figure I will get it up to the room and try it out. Sure enough, I start it up and it stinks. It smells like burned rubber or melted plastic. Anyways, I turn it off (and unplug it like I should) and open it up underneath to find, that indeed I do need a replacement belt. I get the belt off and find the part number. It is a Hoover 035 belt. I call a vacuum shop in Downtown Salem and they have the part. I get it and get home and install it. Simple enough, problem solved right? Nope. I get it on and still smell it and it is making bad sounds again. Bummer. I get it back apart and see what the problem is... the belt seems like it is not the right one. I take a look at the actual vacuum to find it is a Dirt Devil. Geez, what a dope. So I call back the place and ask if some Hoover Products can replace Dirt Devil belts. He says alot of belts work in the place of other ones. I ask specifically if this hoover belt I just bought is supposed to work on this Specific Dirt Devil Vacuum. He comes back and says that NO, they are very different belts.
I am just about to go and get yet another replacement belt and find that my homeowner is back. So, I ask if he has a vacuum. He did. So, this vacuum that was in the garage will work perfectly fine  once it has a Dirt Devil Belt, but there is a newer model of vacuum, so it saves me another trip downtown to get another replacement.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate how the word vacuum is spelled.....