May 23, 2012

Boatload of Info

These past few days, I have been the one being shoveled boatloads of technological information that I cannot keep up with.
I started my training on Monday for my new job at KTVZ. It has been fun to get to know some of the staff and have something that is a full-time job, but these past two days have been difficult to remember every single thing that I have learned. There is much to learn in the Master Control job. I am getting the hang of it and feel more confident yesterday than I did on Monday, but still not fully confident. I have today training and then Friday training and after that I switch to my regular shift and learn some of the Tech Directing part of the job. This will be  the fun part, but it will be difficult to adjust to that time-frame- Midnight to 8AM.
I did find out, though, that my shift is weekdays during that time. I was assuming that it was a weekend shift. It is not. So I get to work with Bob Shaw! I know you are jealous.


No comments: