August 18, 2009

Preparations and Schedules- Just my Forte

So, I am getting ready to go on a trip to the Oregon Coast with a few others. Last year, I went all by my lonesome, and trust me it was SOOO worth it. It was nice to go all by myself and my dog and just enjoy God's Majesty. I was able to go at my pace and not have to wait for anyone, which was a nice change of pace from normal vacations I have taken.
So, I went last summer, about this time, from Central Oregon all the way up into Washington, then over to Astoria, across the Astoria Bridge (Just to say that I did) and then all the way down into california, Driving along Highway 101 all the way, spending two nights at campgrounds, and then up from Northern California into Southern Oregon and back home. It was a very quick trip and I had alot of great memories (not the greatest pictures though, sad I know) and so I wanted to go again this year.

This year it is different though. We are only going from Astoria to the middle of the coast and then home in 4 days. So it will be a slower trip but we will get to take in more sights. And this year there will be three of us going. I was hoping for more of my friends from my Church group to go, but it was just too late in the season and people are busy. The rest of them are all missing out though, they have no idea. Anyways, so we are leaving tomorrow morning and then getting back on Saturday sometime.

I have had fun, trying to find good things to do in those towns along the coast. I looked into hikes and area attractions. I also was taking the reins in cooking menu and schedule. Also making sure that we have everything we need (because Lord knows that Kelli isnt going to do that sort of thing) and so I have been looking around for an extensive Camping checklist, and that I get all the items we would need. Also, I went to get all the provisions for the trip. I hope we don't forget anything we might need.
I really enjoy doing those preparations and schedules though, it is fun trying to figure out all the stuff we wanna do or take or eat.

No comments: