January 29, 2011

Return bliss and upset-ness

So, a few days ago I broke my earbud headphones that I have had for a number of years. They were starting to go bad. It was weird because the buds were starting to make some electicity sounds in the speakers and were some-what shocking me. It was a very light shocking that I could barely tell it was going on, but lo and behold, ear shocking. Weird, right?

Sennheiser OMX60 Ergonomic Earbuds with Basswind System SoundAnyway, I did some research and found that the place to buy theses over-the-ear earbuds was via Amazon (because I still had prime membership- free 2day shipping and 3.99 overnight- and also because Amazon has Amazin prices and selection.) So, I buy the new Seinheiser (which is an excellent brand) earbuds and I get them yesterday (friday). I try them out to be very dissappointed- my weird ears would not allow the bud to go in my ears- the buds were just too big. Now, I have had problems with earbuds before. That is why I don't use regular earbuds- I use the over-the-ear ones because they help them stay in my weird ears that don't hold the regular buds. I don't even try to use the corny/hip Apple buds because they pop out after 10 seconds- thats not even moving anyplace.
So, sufficed to say, I was sad these new buds I paid lots of money for (in the view of the cheapskate that I am).
Now, to the second part of the upset-ness that I titled about. A few months ago, I bought a photo from Walmart.com and I enlarged this photo to a nice big print. I take a look at this print that I bought at walmart photo online and find that it is pixelated- distortion everywhere. I was upset by this. Usually when you are trying to enlarge a photo, the photo site will tell you that it will look bad at that size. Walmart did not. So, when they sent off an email asking me to rate how I felt about my purchase. I was honest, I was not happy. I did not expect anyone to read it or just to shrug it off- its not their problem anyway, right? Well, I just got an email from the walmart.com online shopping saying they were sad to see I was not happy with my order and gave me a $10 gift-e-card. It was pretty sweet. (being months ago, I had to think back to remember what they heck I bought, the remembered.) anyway.
Philips Flexible Earhook Headphones SHS3200/28 (Black) (replaces SHS3200/37)So, the way these two connect as a story is because I used my $10 for a $10 pair of new earbuds and this time I purchased the same type of earbuds that I had before- because I know that they will actually fit.

Long story, long... right? sorry 'bout that, but I had to write about it because it worked out well. Also, I want to Commend AMAZON for making returns to easy. I went online to my account, did a few steps and printed out a return UPS slip to apply to the box and in about 5-10 minutes it is ready to be dropped off at a UPS location (for free)

No comments: