December 23, 2011

27 Days of Christmas Photos- 2008

Take that family you read about yesterday, the one that was super loud with lots of relatives and many conversations going on at one time seated at the extra long, but not long enough, table, eating crescents. Now add in a Gorilla. Now, you have a clearer picture of my mother's side of my extended family. 
Each year during this breakfast around christmastime, my Uncle disappears to put on a gorilla suit and jumps down to scare us all. This has been known for years as the Gorilla Breakfast. When we were younger (my sisters and cousins and all) were of course scared, and then later on, we just laughed and laughed. One year, my cousin my age, Brian, and I decided we would go in search of the Gorilla to find that elusive creature. Before my Uncle got a chance to put on the costume, we got into it and brought it down. 

Years later, even when there were no kids, Uncle Andy still got in that costume.



Now, add to that family image, a grandfather who sleeps through all of this. During the talking family time, he finds a seat and sleeps through it all. WOW.

No comments: