March 16, 2009

Not a great business.

So I have a gripe today. How often do you get sucked into some sort of business that, on the surface looks great and very helpful, but then you find out later its not? I have.

I came across A-Z Eyeglass Repair in Bend a few years ago. I got my glasses broken and all bent out of shape. We took them to Costco and they could not help, they said they couldn't help but to take the glasses to A-Z. I did and the owner helped out and did a great job. She did not charge me for the repair at all and I really appriciated her service. 
Then last December, I was in the market for new glasses. I got my perscription from an optometrist and then took that prescrition and went to A-Z to get glasses. The thing with A-Z is that you have to pay them and then get reimbursed through your vision insurance. I went there, got my glasses ordered, paid for them and was told that that very night she would write a letter and send it out for the reimbursement.
Well I Waited, and Waited, and Waited, and Waited.
I was told it would take a month to get reimbursed, it went way over a month. I bought my glasses on January 1st and I called today to check on my money that was to come back to me. The insurance company said that they received the letter request on February 26th, that is a lot longer of a time than sending off the letter the day that I recieved the glasses.

My point is this: I cannot trust A-Z anymore and will not being buying glasses from her again and I would warn others who are interested in using the services of A-Z.

No comments: