March 9, 2009

Rock it for God

Church is a big part of my life. So is Family. I love my family. I grew up in the church, my father is a pastor, a man I look up to for everything. He is everything I want to be as a person and as a Man. Dad is one of the pastors at First Baptist Church in Bend and just recently was cut back as staff starting as of June 2009.

I have been attending and serving at First Baptist for three years now. I enjoy working at the church and volunteering. I have been involved at FBC in many aspects of the church. I have been very involved in the worship as a singer and bass guitar player. I also have been involved in updating and uploading and editing the sermons for the Podcast online. I have been serving in the Children's ministy for a few years as well. I started out as a 1st and 2nd grade teaching for Sunday School and am currently working as a 4th and 5th grade teacher for Children's Church. A huge part of my work at FBC has been as a Middle School teacher. I have been teaching the Middle Schoolers on Sunday mornings for 3 years. I also have been working with the MS program on their Youth Night, first as a volunteer helper, then as a Middle School Director for a few months. Because of my father's pending job cut, I am slowly moving out of my responsibilities at the church and will be switching churches when my father is done.

Wherever you are, whatever you do, Rock it for God. God wants us to attend church, Grow in Him, with others, and Serve for God. I always encourage others to get involved at their church, and to serve. Its the least we could do for a God who has done everything JUST to have a relationship with us.

No comments: