July 7, 2011

Phone Calls and Girly Voices (with some references)

Last night I got quite an annoying phone call. You may be wondering what might make it annoying? Well, I am glad you asked. For starters, it was a phone call on my cell that was in the middle of watching one of my favorite movies- Cars. AND, that movie was at church with an audience and so I felt bad as it was, because I was being loud with my ringing. Then, I go to answer and the stupid telemarketer was not answering at first. I kept saying hello? Hello? and it took forever for them to answer. Then, as if that was not enough, he asked for Timothy Kirkman. I said, this is Tim. Then again, he said, I am looking to speak with Timothy Kirkman. Again, This is Tim. "Ma'am, I need to speak with Timothy"  After that point, I just got so fed up with this unintellegent person, that I hung up.

Now, I know I have a high voice and at points I get a bit self-consious about that, but honestly, if you ask twice and the person says they are that person you are looking for, even if their voice sounds higher than a normal voice does, you should just move on.

Was this the first time I was mistaken for a girly voice on the phone? Not by a long shot. I am very often mistaken for a ladies voice. I don't know how many times I have answered the phone at home when I was growing up and was mistaken for my mother or my sisters, (never dad). I have just learned to deal with it and when answering the phone later on, I would answer the phone"Kirkman residence, this is Tim" It helped.
There are the obvious bad parts to having a high voice (as I mentioned above), but there are also some good parts. I can sing very high. God gave me my voice and I love to use it for his Glory. I can sing higher than many other because of my unique gifts. Also yesterday, we were practicing with the chillin's for leading VBS songs and Michelle Martin (you like how I referenced you in my Blog) said that some of the Jacob Looper-y parts were mine to sing, and I could (if I wanted too, but that's not really me) If I had a barely-tone voice (Baritone) I would not be able to sing those high Looper-y parts.

God made me special and He loves me very much. Goodbye

4 comments:

mimartin said...

I've made the big time now..... Referenced in your blog! Your voice is perfect!

Kelli said...

HAHAHAHAHA...HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Poor Tim! I hate telemarketers!

bobbi said...

I know exactly what your talking about I have a deeper voice and with my name without the Sue in it alot of bill people or telemarketers call me Sir. It is so frustrating but when I say excuse that is would be Miss there tone of voice changes like you can tell they are totally embarassesed. But anyways I can definitely relate and feel your frustration:)