July 18, 2011

Silencio

As I was walking this morning with the pup and listening to some music softly I was very aware of the sounds outside. There were lots of vehicle sounds that I was not too hot on. One was a diesel truck that went past. Now, that was not the trucks fault, but still loud and obnoxious. Then there was a Honda Civic with a teen driver who obviously had too much money so he had to blow it on stupid stuff- like a super loud exhaust valve and what not to make the car INCREDIBLY annoying. Well, it got me thinking about where I will be this coming weekend.

I get to go out into the woods and send some time with friends and God. My College-Career group is having a HUB (what we call our group) campout and I am super excited for this trip. Im kinda the HUB  Campout hub of information. I helped to put this thing together and get the reservations and all that jazz. There will be very few of us there on Thursday night, then Friday night and Saturday will be the big days.

I got thinking about this weekend because usually camping is a quiet time. There are not massive trucks and civics zooming by with loud noise pollution. Most of the time you just hear the wind, and the birds chirping. Its so nice.  Now, that being said, there have been times out camping when there are loud people next door or in close proximity of the campout and you don't have any house to go into to block the annoying sounds. There is enevitably the gratuitous Recreational Vehicle that starts their generator throughout the night or things of that nature, but mostly you hear NATURE!

Super excited for this trip.

No comments: