October 14, 2010

Scammin'

Ever had someone try to scam you? It's not that fun, just in case you were wondering.
Well, I have put up my roommate request on Craigslist and I got a response from someone saying they want the room and to count on them. They went on to mention that they were from Finland and they work as a humanitarian nurse. They said they wanted the room and the ability to move it as soon as they got back but had to travel back to Finland to take care of an ill uncle. At first this sounds a bit odd but legit enough. Then through conversations I found out that their stuff was being shipped here before she gets here and that she is going to send me money for the rent for the first month and also for the shipping fees. Ok, now its getting a  bit more awkward and sounds a bit hinky.


Then, as I knew it would, it turned south totally. I got an email just yesterday saying that the money from her should arrive today and that the moving company that is taking care of her stuff is getting mad and if they don't get $2000 they are going to take her stuff back. She says that she is worried about the stuff, but it's alright because I can pay for it and then she can get the money to me. 
Well, of course I'm not that stupid and so I have no intention of sending money via Western Union.

That is the sad story of how a scammer tried to take advantage of me. I even looked up online with a few choice keywords and found other internet sites mentioning the same sort of things she was to me. It is def. a scam and I am just so sad that it took up so much of my time and energy trying to get this person into my house. 
I know that God has some roommates for me and I am excited to meet them (when they show up)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait, wait wiat, HER????