September 27, 2011

Amazingly Worrisome And Neccesary Amount NIGHT

Yesterday, I was busy in the afternoon. It was the start of AWANA this week. That meant, as the director of my group, T&T2, I had a lot to get done. I had to get to the church a bit early to get everything together that needed to be there. I needed to pick up a small file holder at Wally World first, then straight to the church to organize and make sure I had everything. As the director, I did not realize that I had so much to take care of. Also, I was helping out last year with a lot of sound booth items and that was thrust upon me again, which made it more run-around-y for me.

Despite never being a director before, and even though I was flustered most of the time, I felt pretty good about it the night. In the coming weeks, I will get better and better about having everything I need. The part that I wish I had more time to prepare for was my Council Time talk, but it went fairly well too. I had decided this first week I just wanted to get to know the kids a bit and also use the Would You Rather book which helps the kids open up and give their opinion. I also had a PowerPoint that was trivia facts about truth.

Afterwards, I got positive feedback from my leaders (of whom have been helping with AWANA much longer than me) so that was nice to hear. It was one busy night, but it turned out well.


No comments: