September 2, 2011

An impressive Captain

I went to a free movie tonight. Yes, a free movie. That's what I love about Regal. They have that awesome Crown Club Card that I get points towards things like free soda, popcorn, and even movies.

Just this summer, I went to many movies. Loads of blockbusters came out- Kung Fu Panda, Cars 2, X-Men, the last Harry Potter... Many of these I had coupons for, some I just had to actually pay to go see, but each one of em helped me earn points. I got enough to make it to the Free Movie Ticket level.
After all that, I had a ticket that I was not sure what movie to use it on. There were a few that looked alright- ones I wouldn't pay for, but since it was free-...so I looked around for one I would like. I was unsure of it, but eventually decided on attending Captain America. I was pleasantly surprised.

 Not that it was not good, it was. I just did not think it would be my type of movie and as good as it was.
As it was, I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this testosterone-filled, guy movie. I like Marvel Comics movies, and most all I have seen recently are really well done. I was amazed at how they could make the same dude a scrawny 90lb weakling and a muscle-ripped, tall he-man. That's the magic of the movies I guess. I really appreciated that this movie was not curse-ridden and also not gory. It was certainly an action-packed movie with lots of violence, but not Kill Bill/Gladiator violence, it was easy to take violence. I like that.

I would recommend Captain America: First Avenger to anyone who is into the Marvel movies- XMen, Spider Man, ect. .. One last thought as I am thinking about it... Where did the creativity go? As I was waiting for the movie to start there was a preview for Spiderman. Yes, there has already been a Spiderman movie fairly recently and new they are redoing the thing. Not that happy about that. I don't really wanna see it because of the fact that the movie was already created from that starting point just a few years ago. I do wanna see it because I have a thing for Emma Stone (Supposedly not as much as Jim Carrey, but...) but I am not sure if I will actually see it... Maybe Redbox for a buck.

No comments: