September 10, 2011

Suit Up when hiking

Last week I went hiking with my sister. We planned (Crazy to be planning with my sister who does not plan at all, and it showed) a few days earlier that we would meet in Sisters, carpool to the hike spot, bring a lunch, and swimwear--because were were hiking to a lake-- and have lunch at the lake. Well, she was running a bit late (Shocker) and did not remember to bring swimwear or lunch (another Shocker) so because it was a bit cooler than I expected and because Kel didn't bring stuff, I decided that I wasn't going in the lake either and left the swim stuff I packed in the car instead of hauling it in my backpack all the way up there. Once we go up there to Matthieu Lake, though, we both wanted to get into the inviting lake. I just waded in because I was wearing shorts, but Kelli decided that she we do Latvian style.

That trip helped me learn a lesson for future trips, even if I am thinking I might not get into the lake that I will hike to, I am going to bring the towel and junk, just in case UNLESS I am POSITIVE I will not want to take a dip. So, that is what I am doing this morning as well. I am heading out to Wasco Lake, a great trip to a clear lake. Super excited for this hike as well. I will come back this afternoon with some pictures, I hope.

No comments: