September 14, 2009

Here's the Plan

I'm torn. I feel as though my experience yesterday at First Baptist Salem was what I am looking for in a church. I also feel that I should give others a shot too. I tried to go to the Evangelical Church of Salem last night but found out that it was a different type of service. There were about 1-200 people there and this was a service for prayer only. It was not a worship time. It was not a teaching time. It was a Pray for those around you type. I was expecting a third service type of thing. I was thinking that I could get a feel for the church by going on a Sunday night instead of taking a whole other sunday morning. This was not true. But I did get the feeling that it would be a place that I would not enjoy that much. There were just some elements to the time I was there that didn't feel like I would be that comfortable.
So, actually, I walked out. I felt bad doing that because I am not one who does that sort of thing, but there was another sunday night service at FBCSalem that I also wanted to attend. So I felt justified walking out of one service to go to another. hehe
I went to the Sunday Night Service at First Baptist and there were probably about 2-300 people there in a smaller banquet style room (Rather than their large auditorium). It was mostly older people there. It reminded me alot of a FBCBend sunday night service that was had every once in a while. There were some missionaries there that spoke God's word as well as talked about what they were doing overseas. I wish that on the Evangelical Church website they might have explained what their Sunday Night Service was about and what it was for, because I would not have gone to it if I had known that and would have tried their Sunday morning service instead.

But, again, I am torn, because I enjoyed FBCSalem so much, and yet still want to give others a shot. The only one that is left for me that is really important is Salem Alliance and that is a HUGE church. I think I will still give it a shot, but probably next Saturday night. That way if I like it I could conceivably go to both Salem Alliance on Saturday Nights, and then FBC Salem on Sunday Mornings. So that's the plan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't fight the baptist roots man! Another blog face change? Your being as fickle as a female, though the other one didn't really look like you, to be honest.=)