April 21, 2011

Easter Breakfast

Much like our Christmas Morning Tradition, the family had Easter Morning Traditions as well. One of the main traditions being getting Easter baskets with goodies and the major tradition was Easter Breakfast. It is this Egg Casserole thing and it is wonderful. Unlike former Christmas Morning Breakfast, I actually have always liked Easter Breakfast. I cannot remember when mom started making this Breakfast yumminess, but she kept it going for years. It is the type of breakfast that you make the night before and refridge until the morning to reheat because it takes a while. (and Easter Morning is always busy for a family involved in making it a great service.)

I actually came along another version of Easter Breakfast when I was doing my Undergrad schooling at EOU. I was helping with Campus Life and they had a breakfast devo type of thing every Wed. morning. I went when I was able to. Cally, the ED, asked different sponsors to bring in Breakfasts and rotate, ect. One couple always brought in some casserole type dishes and one of them was almost exactly like my mother's Easter Breakfast recipe.

This Easter Breakfast tradition has lasted through our childhood and when talking with my sister last night, she was mentioning how their Easter Schedule was quite busy and they had a breakfast thing at their church early in the morning, so I said she should make Easter Breakfast on Saturday. She thought that was a good idea, so the tradition lives on. I too am planning to make Easter Breakfast, anyone who wants to drive to Redmond for some yummy Easter Breakfast, can join me, I will have a whole pan, but you gotta be here early, I am planning to head out to an Early Easter Sunrise Service and then I will have to be at Church at around 7:30, so its gonna be an early Breakfast. (Please, just give me a call though, so I know you are coming)

Or perhaps, you just wanna make your own Easter Breakfast:



Directions:
Cube bread into very small pieces and place in greased 9X13 baking dish. Brown and drain the sausage, spoon over bread evenly. Beat together eggs, milk, mustard, and salt.  Pour over mixture in dish.  Add grated cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 Minutes. Let stand 10 Minutes before serving.

No comments: