April 3, 2011

When I'm tired and lose my way, when I'm feeling so ashamed...

A song that has been near and dear to my heart recently has been "I Will Worship You" by Aaron Gillespie.
You may or may not know that Aaron is (was?) the lead singer for the screamo band- Underoath and also the frontman for The Almost.
Who knows why he needs three different bands to have, but I really apreiciate it because I am not into Underoath. I love the other two though- very different styles of songs.

Before you take a listen to the song that is so near and dear to my heart read the lyrics:

When I'm losing
When I'm broken
When I'm sinking like a stone
And it feels like I'm alone
I will worship You

When I'm so scared
Life is unfair
When I'm tired and lose my way
When I'm feeling so ashamed
I will worship You

You are the anchor to my soul
Draw me to You and don't let go.
Only Your love can make me whole
Jesus, I worship You.
Jesus, I worship You.

When I'm dancing
When I'm hopeful
When I'm feeling mercy’s hand
And I'm living life again
I will worship You.

When chains are broken
When healing's coming
When Your forgiveness floods my heart
This is my brand new start
I will worship You.

You are the anchor to my soul
Draw me to You and don't let go.
Only Your love can make me whole
Jesus, I worship You.
Jesus, I worship You.

Hallelujah (repeat)
Our God reigns!

You are the anchor to my soul
Draw me to You and don't let go.
Only Your love can make me whole
Jesus, I worship You.
Jesus, I worship You.
Jesus, I worship You.



Powerful, am I right? In my place where I am at right now, I really connect with these lyrics. It has the likes of Blessed By Your Name. Talking of being down and out but still saying I will worship you is powerful. Most of the time, I get caught up in learning the music to a song so I can sing it, but don't think as much about the lyrics until I slow myself down and think, what are the actual lyrics to the song and taking them to heart.

As I was looking for these lyrics, I came to his website looking for lyrics "from the horse's mouth" as they say, and came across his tour dates. Sadly, THIS MORNING he is in Vancouver, WA leading worship. If I would have known that I certainly would have taken the trip up there since I have a place to stay. Right when I read that I looked at the clock to see if it was still feasible. Not so much. I would probably be able to get there in time, but I have commitments at my church. Oh well. That is the way it goes. I hope to see him live sometime in my life. He is a fairly new artist in terms of his own album and so hopefully he will come to Oregon or WA again.
I encourage you to take a look at his other songs on his Album. There are some great songs there.

No comments: