December 17, 2010

50 Days: Christmas Break

I'm sure we all remember the days of formal schooling and how exciting it was to get to Christmas (Holiday because they have to be politically correct) Break! Isn't it great how the last few days are all about the holidays and it doesn't really feel like school, but more like daycare... (I am talking mostly of Elementary School here, not HS which usually has finals on the last week). I mean, you go into any elem. school today and you are going to find (I would guess) around 95% of classes are having a party at the end of the day. They will have a movie and popcorn and candy.

I know it's scary, but the only thing I could find.
Kids will get to lay on the floor and chill out while they watch The Polar Express, or The Grinch. It is a fact. And also before the holiday party, the time is spent in doing Christmas coloring pages, and art projects and any other filler.
But, that is what makes the holiday break so much fun. Teachers can't get anything done the day before Christmas- its all classroom filler because students are hyped up and thinking about Christmas and the Break they get from school.

I remember my Christmas breaks and how exciting it was. So much fun- to stay at home, and play in the snow, and watch movies, and get ready for Christmas.

8 Days until Christmas!
Take time this season to remember what made you smile as a Child- things like Christmas Break!

No comments: