December 14, 2010

50 Days: Christmas Breakfast

Opps, I did it again, I played with your.... Nevermind.  But, yes, I did it again. I meant to do two posts yesterday to catch up with my Blogging from Sunday and I did not. I will try again today.


Yesterdays Posting is Christmas breakfast!
My mother always made a tradition of Christmas Breakfast. When we were younger, she made Swedish Tea-Ring. 
"A Swedish Tea Ring is a delicious Christmas bread made with raisins, nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon. A yeast bread, but filled like a jellyroll, the Swedish tea ring makes a beautiful presentation. If you love to bake, you will love this delicious dessert." (E-How)


I was never really into the Tea Ring. I didn't eat much of it ever. I believe my sisters were the same. Mom always thought that it was because we ate so much candy from our stockings when we got up that we did not leave room for Breakfast. That probably was partially true as well, but  a big factor for me was that I didn't really enjoy tea ring all that much.


One year, we were talking about the Tea Ring and one of us, might have been me, I don't remember, just mentioned that it wasn't a favorite.  Mom, was so surprised. She asked the other kids what they thought about it and it was pretty much unanimous that it wasn't thought of a such a treat, so my mother looked for a different traditional Christmas Breakfast.

She came up with a sweet-roll- cinnamon carmel swirl thing that is AMAZING. I am glad that one of us mentioned that the Swedish Tea Ring was not a favorite, because mom made it all those years thinking it was such a special thing, not realizing we didn't enjoy it that much. We all DO enjoy the totally-bad-for-you-Caramel-Cinnamon-Swirliness of the new breakfast tradition.


12 Days until Christmas (Yesterday)!

Do you have any special eating traditions on Christmas?

No comments: