December 4, 2010

50 Days: Christmas Parade

I have always enjoyed Christmas Parades. In terms of large-scale parades, I like to watch the Parade on Christmas Morning on TV. The Rose Parade or whatever it is called. I have mentioned that a bit already when talking of Stockings, I believe. It is just so amazing to me the time and effort people put into making these floats. WOW.

On a smaller scale, I also enjoy the local Christmas Parades. Growing up in Redmond, we always went to the Christmas Starlight parade right after Thanksgiving. It was one of the best parades Redmond put on because people always gave away candy, (at least that was my reasoning when I was younger.) I loved looking at all the parade entries with lights- all decorated up cars and floats and flatbeds, ... and fire engines? One year, I was in the Redmond Parade with the RHS Marching Band. Not the most fun time in the world. ;) I get a kick out of our po-dunk-ness in Redmond some times. But, as a kid, I still loved watching the parades.

I was thinking of heading to Bend this morning to visit their Parade that starts at noon, but I believe I will instead stay home and watch the Civil War game. I will probably turn to the COTV channel and watch it (when there is a commercial break from football) if they are showing it live, but I know that is totally cheating. That's just the way it's got to be.
If you are attending a local Parade, I respect you for taking the time to go out there and support others.

21 Days until Christmas!
Do you hope the snow stays as much as I do?

No comments: