December 16, 2010

50 Days: Staying up Late

I have always been a fan of the Christmas tree. I have previously posted about some ideas involving the Christmas tree, but this is a special posting about my yearly Christmas tree- Its about staying up late to watch the Christmas tree.

When I was younger, (and even now), I found that I could not sleep on Christmas Eve. Too much excitement. I couldn't wait for Christmas morning and I jumped the gun on Christmas Eve. (also we were often traveling to Cali. on Christmas Day and a big trip also makes me not sleep well) So, what did I do with all that time that I could not sleep on Christmas Eve? Many things, but one that happens every year is Watching the Christmas lights and tree with all the lights off in the dead of night. It is so peaceful to look at the presents, the ornaments, the decorations, the tree, and not hear a sound because everyone else is sleeping. I love doing this and I don't think I will ever outgrow it.
One year, I came out and my sisters had the same idea. I walked quietly down the hall to the main room and one (or both, I forget) was out just sitting in the living room enjoying the peacefulness.

I will have to save another Christmas Eve story for Christmas Eve when I blog about Christmas Eve!

9 Days until Christmas! 
We are finally into the single digets!

No comments: