December 2, 2010

50 Days: Christmas Carols- High School Choir

I remember my High School choir very fondly. Mr. Swearingen, we called him Swear, was such a fun teacher; Someone of whom you could joke around with. He was someone who really cared about his students and was always the life of the Choir. I really don't know how they could have ever replaced him. He was a very popular teacher and his Spring choirs were well known for being outrageous with fun songs- that must be why we had over 125 students for many of those Spring concerts.
Another thing that his choirs were known for was singing Christmas carols around the Redmond schools on the last day before Christmas break. I remember sitting on the floor of my elementary school and listening to these huge high schoolers sing to me. When I got into High School, I had such a fun time singing these carols OVER and OVER again on the day before Christmas Break.
Jingle, Jingle, Jingle, Jingle, Jingle ....
God rest, ye merry gentlemen, God rest ye merry gentlemen,.... the men always had the repetitive songs.
And then the girls get their own song... O Come little children, o come one and all.... (while us guys were doing beatbox under our breath)

I remember very fondly of those trips. I wish Swear was still doing the same and I could be a part of it still.

23 Days until Christmas! 
The best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear!

No comments: