November 24, 2010

50 Days: Candy Canes

Well, as I wrote yesterday, I switched my posting yesterday for Snowmen and Snowangels because of all the winterwonderland that I saw at the house in Redmond and knowing that today (when Snowmen and Snowangels were supposed to be blogged about) I would not have much to choose from. So, I ditched Candy Canes yesterday, but I am bringing it up today.

Candy Canes are such a treat. I love the Peppermint flavor. It reminds me of the holidays. As I mentioned in a previous posting, the only place for Candy Canes at our house is in the Santa Mug (and perhaps the tree).

I get a kick out of all the different types of Candy Cane flavors. I used to want to try all the different ones- the Blueberry, and Strawberry, and what not, but I have found that the only true Candy Cane is the original Peppermint.



Another place for Candy Canes in family tradition is on the Tree. When we were younger, we were only allowed to have a Candy Cane on Sundays after church. We couldn't wait to come home from church- not because dad's sermons were boring-cuz they weren't-, but because we wanted to get that weekly Candy Cane. When we decorated the tree, we put many Candy Canes up on the tree for our Sunday ritual. Such great memories.

Legend of the Candy Cane, TheNow, I don't know if you have read the book The Legend of the Candy Cane and if it is true- I assume it is- but you should check it out. It talks about the story of how the Candy Cane was made. It mentions why the shape is the shape and what it represents- a J for Jesus, and a Staff for the Shepherds, ect, ect. Borrow it from the Library to read it if available.





31 Days until Christmas!
Go get yourself a Candy Cane!

No comments: