November 25, 2010

50 Days: Visiting Extended Family

The reason for having this blogging topic today is because- Thanksgiving is a time for visiting extended family as well. I am excited to be at the parents' home for this Thanksgiving along with one of my sisters, and we also get to see grandparents and an uncle as well.
It used to be, when we were younger, my family would drive up to The Dalles for Thanksgiving (the mutual meeting place for my fathers side of the family), and then drive down to California (the mutual meeting place for mom's side of the family) for Christmas.

There is such excitement when visiting extended family. To be able to see cousins and grandparents and aunts and uncles is such a great time. I used to spend a week at my grandparents house with my cousin of whom is my age. We would go run around the tree farm and get to go pick strawberries, and swim in a pool. Scott and I were good pals each summer, and so getting to see my cousins on Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is so nice that many are around the same age as my sisters and I.

I always got a kick out of Dinners full of family because there was always a "Kids" table. It usually consisted of myself, my sisters, and cousins. Mom always comments a memory from her father- "It's Checkerboard Square" because when she was younger they had family get-togethers and had a kids table.


30 Days until Christmas! 
Have a Merry Thanksgiving! 
(Yes, I just for fun Switched Happy with Merry)

No comments: