November 20, 2010

50 Days: Santa Cup

So, what is a trinket from your past that is special to you? 


For me, its a Santa Cup. Now, this is not just any old Santa Cup. It's a ceramic cup that is shaped into a Santa head. I don't know when we started this decoration in the house, but it was quite a while ago. Mom, each year puts out the Santa Cup and fills it with Candy Canes. 

Doesn't work as a Santa Cup!
It is a tradition that I have come to love and last year was looking for my own Santa Cup to put out. At first, I just got a regular mug that had a picture of santa on it. But that would NOT do.
Doesn't work as a Santa Cup!
I was lucky enough to find the Santa Cup up above that is very similar to my mothers Santa Cup! As I was looking forward to today's post yesterday, I saw that it was about the Santa Cup, I had the inkling to get my Christmas stuff out and I had some time and nothing to do, so guess what... I have lots of my Christmas decorations out. I got em out and it was great fun to get the things out that I had been yearning for since mid-October. Now, there is no tree up or anything like that, but most of the other stuff that go on table tops and the like are out.

I do have to say that even though those two mugs that don't work as Santa Cups are still really cool right? I like em.



35 Days until Christmas!
When do you decorate your house? 
(I'm sure most of you decorate AFTER Thanksgiving, but I am special that way)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Man too bad! I gave that exact Santa (your mom;s version) cup as a whitel elephant a few years ago!

Lisa Arredondo

Unknown said...

Too bad Tim! I gave that exact mug as a white elephant a few years ago (the older one). I got a lot of use out of it, but the ceramic was so thin that hot beverages would burn my hands. Candy canes would have been good though.

Alex Quillian said...

I actually think we have a bunch of those Santa mugs, like a dozen, that we hang from the ceiling. And...someone needs to proof read. I found two typos int he post. (Albeit, one of 'em you might not view as a typo.)