November 1, 2010

I Hope You Don't Hate Me- 50 Days of Christmas Blogging

Okay, I know some of you will hate me but I just can't hold it in anymore. I impatiently waited for November 1st to post this because I figured give Halloween its due, but Halloween is over and this is the start of a new month and a new season and even a new week so here we go.

I have hinted about this, but it is about to start. That's right, it is almost time for Christmas and because of that I have chosen to start my tradition of 50 Days of Christmas Blogging. I know what you are thinking- How am I going to do 50 days? Why 50? When does that mean you have to start your blogging?
Well, I have come up with things about Christmas and the season that I want to blog about and when I got em all down, I found i was close to 50 so I figured I didn't want 47, but 50, so I found a few more to settle my Monk-ness. You may also notice I tried to have my prompts coincide with other things happening- such as Christmas Eve- on christmas eve and Christmas Morning ON Christmas morning and advent on the first advent sunday. Also, I have picked a few special Christmas movies to blog specifically about and those coincide with the day they will be watched on my 25 Days of Christmas Movies- Oh Yes, that is still happening.
Soooooo, that means that I start my blogging nice and early- November 6th to be exact.

I am writing about it today to warn you that it is coming and also to invite anyone who would like to join me and write about their traditions and Christmas Spirit. Granted, you won't have exactly the same topics as mine because I doubt that you do everything as my family does during the Christmas Season, but in case you want to take on this exciting task and would like some ideas- here ya go- My grown up Christmas List (Amy Grant reference)

PS- please notice that you actually start on November 6th at the bottom of Page two and go UP!

So, go, Blog up a storm and be sure to make your own list of 32 Days of Christmas Blogging or 25 Days of Christmas Blogging, or 8 Days of Christmas Blogging, or however many prompts you have. I think this will be a totally fun blogging activity.

No comments: