November 15, 2010

50 Days: Christmas Candy- Nougats

One of my favorite seasonal candies are nougats. The wintergreen and peppermint flavors are so refreshing. The chewiness of the nougats help to enhance the flavor. I realize that it is kind of an acquired taste, but I have acquired it. I have talked with many who are not into the type of candy. I am just so sad when they leave the store shelves after the season is over.

Isn't it why they are so special though- because they only come to the stores for a short time. I saw just yesterday in the weekly ads that the Christmas Nougats were finally in stores again. I shall have to go and get some soon to add to my decorations when they go up.
I found some containers a few years ago that work well on my coffee table as candy holders. They are Candy Canes that I got at the Paws and Shop- the Humane Society Holiday thrift store at the Bend Factory Outlets. If you have not shopped at this great store- check it out!


We also can't forget about Candy Canes. Those are traditional Christmas candies. More postings on Candy Canes to follow in the future.

40 Days until Christmas! 
What are your favorite seasonal candies?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not entirely sure I've ever had those, they are very pretty though!